Nashville Day Trip

Hi, everyone! I'm back today with a few photos from Gary and I's day trip to Nashville! I promise I won't go over board :)
While we were there, we visited the Tennessee State Museum, Baja Burrito, downtown Nashville, and Cool Springs Mall.
Our first stop was the Tennessee State Museum. I highly recommend this place! We spent over 2 1/2 hours walking through this 60,000 sq. ft. building full of history. There are three levels to this museum: the Upper Level which includes the historical eras of the First Tennesseans, European Exploration and Frontier, and the Age of Jackson, the Mezzanine which featured the Antebellum, and the Lower Level which continues with the Antebellum, Civil War and Reconstruction, and the New South.
Here are a few photos from the museum:


 
 Pipes from the First Tennesseans

Guns (Gary insisted I take as many pictures as I could of all the guns, but this is the only one I'm putting up :)

Handwritten arithmetic textbook from 1804

Swords


 Taking pictures in front of the Antebellum display

Gary posing in front of the Antebellum parlor


Cheesing in front of an old car

Civil war attire and guns

 Inside the one room pioneer cabin

I really liked the large paintings (sorry for the glare!)

Frontier Justice-this display had a story with it: there was a man who stole horses and he was brought to justice in the stalks. His ears were pinned to the wood and cut off and his cheeks were branded-one cheek with the letter "H" and the other with the letter "T", standing for "Horse Thief." How painful!

This was probably the most interesting part for me-a mummy that was brought to Tennessee in 1860. You could see the cloth decaying. It was really neat!

Andrew Jackson's 1829 inaugural hat

Handmade wood furniture


Flag

After we visited the museum, we went to Baja Burrito for lunch. If you are in the Nashville area, you have to go! It was SO GOOD. Gary and I were full for the rest of the day. Make sure you get the Baja Fruit Tea!



After we ate our weight in burritos, chips, and queso, we headed to downtown Nashville!
We walked the Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge over the Cumberland River right next to LP Field:











No trip is complete without shopping! After we walked downtown Nashville, Gary and I made our way to Cool Springs Mall where we purchased some goodies from The Body Shop. I'll share more on that later :)

We had a blast during our time in Nashville!

What's your favorite place in Nashville?
Do you like burritos?
Do you like museums?

-Carrie


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pages