Headband

Hey, everyone! I have a DIY for you today!
This summer, I have been in love with headbands. I can't get enough of them! But, at the same time, I think it's nuts that some retailers ask $15 per headband (maybe it's just me?). So, I sat down in front of my sewing machine and went to work. Let's get started!

[Not only did I made this headband out of an old dress that didn't fit me anymore, but I hoard have a stockpile of materials (thread, needles, pins, fabric, etc.) to use in my room. Thus, I spent zero dollars on this DIY]

Materials needed:
  • Sewing machine
  • Knit fabric/poly blend/whatever you have laying around
  • Pins
  • Fabric scissors
  • Elastic
  • Thread that matches what you're sewing
First step: I cut my dress in half:

Second step: cut two strips measuring 4 inches x 18 inches (or, however you like):

Third step: fold each piece in half and pin:

Fourth step: sew each piece where you pinned:

Fifth step: lay the two pieces to make an X:

Sixth step: fold over each piece to where they are linked together:

Seventh step: sew the ends of each piece of fabric so the ends aren't open (I also ended up folding over the sides of the fabric and sewing them down for a softer looking edge).
Eighth step: take a piece of elastic and pin one side and measure the length around your head.
Ninth step: once you find a size that fits, sew the elastic on the headband: 

Tenth step: wear!


-Carrie




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pages