Chicken Fried Rice

Hey, everyone! I'm going to start off by apologizing for constantly changing the template of my blog! I'm a total perfectionist and I cannot make up my mind about how I want this blog to look. For future reference, it may change again. Anyways...I wanted to do something different today and share a recipe with you all. I've been looking for a chicken fried rice recipe on Pinterest for some time now. I narrowed it down to two recipes and combined them and made my own because I am always in the mood for Asian food--especially chicken fried rice (from P.F. Chang's). So, here it goes!

[Feeds 4-5 people]
What you'll need:
2 cups of rice
1.30 lbs. of skinless, boneless chicken breast
2 cups of frozen peas & carrots
2 cloves of minced garlic
2 eggs
about 1/4 cup of soy sauce--add soy sauce in stages
vegetable oil

How to:
First, start working on preparing your 2 cups of rice (I had some left over at the end) in the microwave. Then, take your chicken and cut it up in small bites. Then, get a ziploc bag and put salt and pepper in it. Once your chicken is all cut up, put the chicken in the ziploc bag and shake it. Then, heat up your pan and cover the bottom of the pan (you'll need a large sized pan) with vegetable oil. Once you've spread the oil around the bottom of the heated pan, place the chicken in the pan and cook it until all the pinkness is gone.
After you've cooked the chicken, take the chicken out and place it in a bowl. Then, add more oil to the pan if needed and put the carrots and peas in the pan and let cook for 1 1/2 minutes and whisk the two eggs in a separate bowl. Once the carrots and peas have been in the pan for 1 1/2 minutes, add in the minced garlic, mix them together, let sit for 30 seconds, then push the peas and carrots around the sides and add in the eggs. Begin scrambling the eggs.
Once the eggs are done, add the all the chicken and add a few scoops of rice at a time. Mix well. Add soy sauce to your liking.

I hope you all enjoy!
-Carrie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pages