New Year's Eve | 2014 Recap

This New Year's Eve, Gary and I are planning on attending a party and then spending some time at home with his mom. For the party, I'm donning a sequin-covered dress with a pair of heels. Accompanying my outfit, I am going to use a long-lasting blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara. I continually talk about my favorites which are Tarte's 12-Hour Amazonian Clay Blush, Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette, Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner, and Maybelline's the Rocket Volum Express Mascara. For nails, I'm wearing OPI's Taupe-Less Beach with an overlay of OPI's Love.Angel. Music.Baby. After the party, I'm going to throw on a pair of jeans and a comfy sweater while my makeup takes a transition from party to relaxing at home.
This time of year, especially New Year's Eve, is always about recapping the previous year and making plans for the new one. So, I thought I would reflect on the past year today and on Friday, explain my goals for 2015.
In 2014, Gary and I spent a lot of time apart. From driving back and forth from Huntsville to Birmingham every weekend, to him going to Las Vegas and me to Florida, we have spent a lot of time individually. The time apart was good for us to grow individually and make us that much closer. This year, I read fourteen books for fun - yes,  fourteen books. I did very well in school. I completed an internship and part-time job in Huntsville and then moved back down to Birmingham and gained another part-time job. Over the summer, Gary, my sister, and her best friend, and I, all went to Florida and did the four Disney parks and had so much fun. 
This year, although still good, was not as great as I'd like it to have been. I was so bogged down with school that I hardly lived my life outside of school. On the weekends, I was kind of a home-body and didn't really experience anything but the back of my eyelids and the occasional Netflix binge. However, I plan on 2015 being the best year yet!
Cheers to 2014 and bring on 2015! 
I'll be posting my 2015 goals on Friday, so be sure to check back!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pages