Birchbox/2



I know it's a bit late, but it's that time of the month again! Ahem, not that time of the month. The time of the month where I share about my Birchbox (this is only my second box, but you get the gist). Let's get started!

November's Birchbox:
Coola Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face | Full-size $36
What: Mineral-based tinted moisturizer that softens, evens skin tone, and has a matte finish.
How: Smooth a thin layer onto clean skin. Wear year-round to protect your skin from UV rays.
My Thoughts: This item seems really out of season seeing as it's winter right now. I wasn't too happy with this product because it came out very watered down and looked like mustard.

Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy Body Lotion | Full-size $15
What: Antioxidant-rich  moisturizer that smooths and softens with botanicals like grape seed.
How: Message generously into dry skin.
My Thoughts: I wasn't very happy with this product either. Like the product before, this lotion seemed like it was made up of 80% water. Five minutes after I applied it to my hands, they were dry again.

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive | Full-size $39
What: An amazingly effective (and gentle!) peel with fruit-derived acids to dissolve dead skin.
How: At night, apply a thin layer onto clean skin. Rinse after 10 minutes. Use 1-2 times a week.
My Thoughts: This product also comes out extremely watery! What is it this month with watery products?

Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk in Natural Tint | Full-size $19.50
What: Naturally tinted for brunettes, this formula absorbs grease and revives second-day hair.
How: Shake can. Spray 10 inches from roots. Wait 2 minutes, massage into hair, and brush through.
My Thoughts: This formula does not look like it is tinted for brunettes because it comes out of the can very lightly colored. The formula does a great job of absorbing excess oil from the roots like a dry shampoo is supposed to. However, it makes my hair feel dirtier.

ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick in Get Naked | Full-size $24
What: Hydrating, semi-matte formula that lasts as long as the party does.
How: Swipe onto lips for nourishing, stay-put color in a classic nude shade.
My Thoughts: Unfortunately, I really dislike this lipstick. Although it did come in a full lipstick size, the color was just not right. The color is not a nude. It is more of a light orange which does not compliment my fair skin very well!

Bonus:
Firecracker ChocoPods - not a fan of this either.

My overall experience with Birchbox this month: I liked 1 out of 6 products (including the bonus)
Product-wise, this month was not a good one for me. The products weren't very appealing and I was very unimpressed. I thought about unsubscribing, but thought I'd stay in it one more month. Come back next Friday for my December box review!

What did you receive in this month's box?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pages