The Meaning Behind The Name

Hi, everyone!
Today's post is for all those who may wonder "why A Tangled Tale?" I'm going to explain the naming of my blog!

It took me forever to think of a name for my blog. I wanted a name that would capture who I was, where I've been, who I would be, and what I was interested in. To be honest, I never intended to write about so many different topics. I wanted to just hone in on one of my interests like beauty, or maybe college. However, as I began to think about what I would write about, I knew that I had to share all of my interests because that's what makes me, me. I thought a name that covered me in my entirety was exactly what I needed. And then, A Tangled Tale was born.
In the dictionary, "tangled" is defined as "very complicated, intricate, or involved." I found that "tangled" flawlessly communicated my life as a whole--the complexity, the frustration, but also the joy, laughter, jumbled thoughts and feelings, the memories and the laughter. Before I created A Tangled Tale, my feelings were tangled up--I didn't know who I was or what I wanted to do with my life. I felt stuck between being a kid and an adult--I didn't know how to transition into adulthood.  I didn't know what I liked to do for fun. I looked to other people to find who I was, when all along, I've been right here waiting for myself to realize who I am, who I've been, and who I want to be one day. I knew that this word would capture all of these different aspects and share them all at once.
On the other hand, the word "tale" has many definitions like a made-up story, or an exaggeration. However, a "tale" is also considered a short story. In my mind, I find that a "tale" and a short story are synonymous. Consequently, I used "tale" to express that my life here is short and I wanted to communicate that to my readers. It made me think of the verse in James that says: "For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away." The word "tale" not only expressed that my life is short, but it also captured my yearning to share my life--maybe to just relate to one person, or show someone else that they're not alone in this big, crazy world.

This blog was named purely after my own life--my messy, complex, joyful, short story.

-Carrie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pages