College Series/2 How To Stay Focused


Hi, everyone! Today I'm back with the second post of my college series that I started early this past summer. Today's topic is how to stay focused while studying. I am the absolute worst when it comes to staying focused. I have tried going to the library, which only resulted in people watching, sitting on my bed, which resulted in sleeping, and many other techniques. However, I have finally found one that works for me! I would definitely encourage everyone to find their own way because finding your way sooner, the better. So, let's get started!

1. Make a list of what you want to get done. 
Write down (in no specific order) of all the things you want to get done. Make sure they're specific. This way, you can cross each off as you get them done. I am a lover of making lists! Crossing things off my list lets me know that I've done what I needed to do, gives me a feeling of accomplishment, and shows me all of the things I have finished.

2. Eat a snack. 
This is a very simple tip, but it is a very important one. Make sure you eat some sort of snack before you start studying. The grumbling of your stomach will only distract you and put off doing your work!

3. Avoid sitting on your bed.
If you decide to stay in your room and study, avoid sitting on your bed. Sitting on your bed will only make you tired and less likely to study! Believe me, I have taken far too many naps while studying because of this.

4. Use a timer.
This may sound odd, but I have found that using a timer when I study helps me focus so much better! I use the timer setting on my clock app and set a timer for 15 minutes which is the time I dedicate to studying, then set the timer for 5 minutes in which I dedicate to taking a break, then I set the timer back to 15 minutes for studying, and so on. This way, you are not rereading the same paragraph of a chapter over and over again. If you find yourself becoming too tired, take 5 minutes to have a dance party in your room!

I hope this post has given you insight to an option for studying! Let me know what you think of it in the comments below!

How do you study?

-Carrie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pages