Birchbox/1

 
As you can see, this month I jumped onto the Birchbox train. I have been thinking about subscribing to Ipsy and Birchbox for a few months before finally deciding to go with Birchbox at the beginning of the month. Because I spend so much money trying new products for a few weeks and then realizing I don't really like them, I decided to subscribe to Birchbox that way I'm only spending $10 a month and trying 4-5 new mini-sized products. I thought this was the most efficient way to fulfill my beauty/makeup obsession. So, let's get started!

October's Birchbox:
Camile Beckman Tuscan Honey Glycerine Hand Therapy | Full-size, $13.95
What: "Sweet-smelling cream that restores and protects hands with glycerin and healing botanicals."
How: "Smooth generously onto dry hands and massage into skin."
My Thoughts: Personally, I love this stuff. It isn't oily on the hands and it smooths into the skin quickly. This cream has a hint of an organic sweet smell that I really like.

Coastal Scents Revealed Eyeshadow Palette Set in Latte | Full size, $34
What: "With these versatile nude and metallic shadows in your beauty arsenal, you're all set."
How: "Sweep preferred hue over lids for day. Layer shadows for a more dramatic night look."
My Thoughts: I love these shadows! I'm so happy I received this quad. There are two warmer tones and two cooler tones. I think the colors are so great. The shadows are creamy and very blend-able.

Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips | Full-size, $14.50
What: "Originally made for nursing moms, this ultra-hydrating balm is a makeup artist fave."
How: "Dab onto parched lips, cuticles, and elbows as needed."
My Thoughts: My first reaction to this product was "nipple balm? why??" I was caught off guard while reading the product name but soon got over it after I read that it was for lips, not the other. I think this is a great idea - a super hydrating lip balm always brings music to my ears. Even better, you can use it on your cuticles and elbows as well. I think I'm saving this for my ultra dry winter skin.

TOCCA Eau de Parfum, Florence | Full-size, $68
What: "With notes of bergamot, gardenia, and jasmine, this floral scent has an old-world charm."
How: "Spritz onto pulse points to make an elegant impression."
My Thoughts: First spritz onto my wrist and I absolutely disliked this scent. First of all, I have a really sensitive nose. I'm pretty much like a hound dog. I have this super heightened sense of smell and this can be a really big disadvantage sometimes (Exhibit A: walking by Bath & Body Works, Exhibit B: when someone sits next to me in class with really bad body odor). Second, I'm not a big perfume wearer unless it's a special occasion. Third, I absolute loathe floral scents. All in all, this was a complete miss for me and I will most likely be throwing this away.

Vasanti Cosmetics BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator | Full-size, $34
What: "This customer fave mimics effects of microdermabrasion for a glowing, smooth complexion."
How: "3-5 times a week massage a pea-seized amount into damp skin and rinse. For all skin types."
My Thoughts: I've been using this a few times a week when my face starts looking a bit dull. I'm really enjoying it. The formula has tiny exfoliating bits in it, but it is very gentle. My face is left really soft and perked up. I'm really thinking about buying a full size of this because it's that amazing!

My overall experience with Birchbox this month: I liked 4 out of 5 products.
I went into this thinking I would just get one box and then unsubscribe. However, I was really impressed with the products in my box. My only complaint with this month's box was the perfume.

Have you ever tried Birchbox?
What did you receive in your box this month?

3 comments:

  1. ugh i keep meaning to try it, but i can never bring myself to! looking at all these posts about it though... it looks AMAZING. i'm excited for you about that eyeshadow hah.

    xoxo

    e

    emmyjake

    ReplyDelete
  2. @emily I know! Some people hate their boxes which made me scared to try it! However, I'm glad I did. Yeah, I'm in love with those eyeshadows - they look much better in person (I decided to take pictures at 8 p.m. on my iphone, that's why they look so terrible). Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! Some people hate their boxes which made me scared to try it! However, I'm glad I did. Yeah, I'm in love with those eyeshadows - they look much better in person (I decided to take pictures at 8 p.m. on my iphone, that's why they look so terrible). Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

 

Pages