Birchbox/8

I subscribed back to Birchbox for the month because I really wanted to try Emily Schuman's box that she partnered with Birchbox to create. I've been following Emily's blog, Cupcakes and Cashmere, for a few years now, so I couldn't wait to see what was inside. 
amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo | Full-size, $21
What: Weightless spray that refreshes sans residue, in the brand's signature obliphica scent.
How: Shake can and hold 8-10 inches from head. Spritz roots, then massage into hair.
My Thoughts: I have been using the same dry shampoo for a few years now. This amika one though, may be changing that. This dry shampoo, albeit dispenses white, smells beautiful. Also, the bottle is just too cute! I will definitely be doing a full review on this one, so watch this space.

Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional | Full-size, $31
What: This sheer, oil-free balm minimizes pores, smooths skin, and works with all skin tones.
How: Apply a thin layer under makeup, or dap a pea-sized amount over makeup for touch-ups.
My Thoughts: I've been wanting to try this for some time now, but could never fork over the money for it because my pores are pretty tame - I just have a few on my nose. I'm so glad I received this in my box, so I can finally try it!

Laura Geller Beauty Color Drenched Lip Gloss | Full-size, $19
What: This richly pigmented gloss delivers mirror-bright shine and loads of moisture.
How: Glide wand over lips to apply. Layer over your lipstick for a custom color.
My Thoughts: Lip glosses always scare me at first - I'm more of a balm gal myself. But, I applied a small amount on my lips and then smoothed it with my ring finger. This application thinned the product out and created a nice wash of color.

Marcelle Clay Mask | Full-size, $15
What: Velvety treatment loaded with natural ingredients to instantly clarify and brighten skin.
How: Smooth onto clean skin, avoiding eye area. Wait 10 minutes, then gently rinse.
My Thoughts: This mask almost feels like a gel. I'm really looking forward to trying this as I have a love for any type of masks.

Naobay Oxygenating Cream Moisture | Full-size, $36
What: Made with avocado and olive oils, this 98% natural cream nourishes and hydrates skin.
How: Smooth generously onto clean face and neck morning and night.
My Thoughts: I love receiving products that are more natural and organic because of my sensitive skin. I can't wait to try this moisturizer.

Have you tried Birchbox?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pages