Taking time

I have to admit, I'm the worst at taking time for myself these days. Between school, interning, working, and schoolwork, I haven't been able to find any balance. For example, I felt guilty last week when I came home from class and painted my nails because I knew there was something I could be working on that was due in a few days. I have been neglecting things that I like doing such as blogging, scrapbooking, cooking, being outdoors, and reading. The list goes on. I just don't have time.
I realized when I came back to Birmingham from being home all weekend just how continually stressed and tired I am because I never do anything I enjoy doing. Yes, I really enjoy and take pride in working and I really love my internship and my classes, but I need time to relax and not have to think so critically all the time. Two weekends ago, Gary and I ran a few errands and then binge watched Homeland all day and it was the best day ever. I need more days like that.
So, I am thinking about setting some goals for myself every week about incorporating more things I love doing into my daily life.

Please let me know if you have any ideas or tips in the comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pages